Danny Granger and the Indiana Pacers will be facing a tough Miami Heat team led by Dwayne Wade. Here’s a preview of the game. The game will start 8:00 on the Sun Sports channel on Wednesday, October 27th. It looks like a very fun game and we’ll be seeing Jermaine O’Neal facing his old team for another time.
Here are the starting lineups for each team:
PG: T.J. Ford
SG: Brandon Rush
SF: Danny Granger
PF: Troy Murphy
C: Roy Hibbert
PG: Mario Chalmers
SG: Dwayne Wade
SF: James Jones (Sources say Beasley won’t play)
PF: Udonis Haslem
C: Jermaine O’Neal
Keys to Winning the Game
- The Pacers will have to stop Dwayne Wade at all times. If you leave him out in the open, he will dominate, and really, you can’t do anything about it.
- Don’t commit fouls. That means you, Roy Hibbert. If you keep drawing fouls and the Heat keeps making those free throws, this game could really end in a hurry. Last season, I’ve seen the Pacers throw a bunch of fouls. This year, you guys have got to change.
- Haslem may be a guy to watch out for. Haslem sometimes has a great style of play and I think he can have a big game coming from him. Troy Murphy is going to have to guard him up good.
- Also, the Pacers might need to pay attention James Jones. In 58 games last season, he played well with eight points averaged per game. He can be at threat. And with Mario Chalmers in improving, T.J. Ford will have to play great defense.
- Give Granger the ball. Danny Granger was hot in the preseason and if he can keep up his game for the regular season, they got easy wins ahead of them.
- Jermaine O’Neal may be a factor in his game. If he is healthy, he can be very strong. Blocked shots may occur.
- Speaking of blocked shots, the Pacers got to do that as well. Roy Hibbert is going to expect a lot of that, and he is going to have to take a big advantage of that.
- Don’t get cocky, T.J.! T.J. Ford sometimes got a little selfish with the ball last year and sometimes just lays those shots up there. If he can just play strong and man-up on Chalmers, he can have a good game.
- Brandon Rush is going to have to play his heart out. If he can’t stop D-Wade, it’s going to be a long day!
The Pacers are going to be playing strong. I think I see a win coming for them. A shootout? Possible.
Prediction: 101-96, Pacers.
Topics: Brandon Rush, Danny Granger, Dwayne Wade, Indiana Pacers, James Jones, Jermaine O'Neal, Mario Chalmers, Miami Heat, Michael Beasley, NBA, Predictions, Preview, Roy Hibbert, T.J. Ford, Troy Murphy, Udonis Haslem